Stakewolle Governance 18.04
18 Apr 2023
1 min read
Stakewollve votes Yes on Osmosis proposals #484, #485, #486, and #487. A set of proposals #484, #485, and #486 will change Osmosis Tokenomics. Tokenomics needed to be changed due to problems such as:
• Inflation is higher than the reward earned for staking.
• Inflation is higher than the reward received for providing liquidity in larger pools.
• The community pool has been receiving redirected incentive emissions for the last 10 months.
• Superfluid staking is underutilized as a flagship product of Osmosis
Those proposals will implement next changes:
• Inflation on Osmosis will fall from ~36% to ~18% but decrease more slowly after this June.
• Staking APR will dip slightly from ~22% to ~20%, but move from a net yield of ~-4% to ~+7%.
• Typical Liquidity APR will dip slightly from ~26% to ~24%, but move from a net yield of ~9% to ~11%.
• Superfluid Staking will become more prominent with Liquidity Providers gaining a higher proportion of their rewards as well as additional voting power from this.
• Community Pool growth will drastically reduce.
• Developer Rewards will decrease in line with the inflation reduction.
Proposal #487 is proposal for regular Incentive adjustment